Saturday 15 February 2014

LONDON FASHION WEEK!!!!

SO about yesterday. It was amazing thoroughly enjoyed it and felt privileged to have the opportunity to work behind the scenes with the LG Steam Team. To many steaming the garments can be a boring job but to me is one of the most important as no one wants their collection they have spent month working on going for the catwalk with creases. 

Having done back stage work before for graduate shows at free range I knew it was going to be busy, hot and slightly manic but I love the atmosphere that fashion week brings. Fashion week is great even though its about what designers have brought new to the table for another season and inspiring others its insightful to see what others wear and how they portray their fashion foot step identity. With random combination, different nationalities and challenging the boundaries of fashion.  The wackiest thing I saw was a women wearing a stuffed cat on her head but due to the constant flow of rain was unable to get a snap of it. The shows well there we timed to perfection once started with elegant tall models showing off the garments in all their glory with lighting and music complimenting the completion of another seasons collection.

but LISTEN!!!!    

Like in my previous post I would have never got the chance to do this with out keeping my head and fingers in the social media bubble so if I could give any advice enter as many competitions you like as you never know one day you could be in luck and get something you always wished you wanted or could do. So keep Facebook, blogger, Wordpress, Instagram, twitter anything you communicate on close to you and keep you eyes open!!!

I Will post some pictures up soon so watch this blog but if you cant wait for my sometimes slack approach to blogging look me up on twitter and instagram. user id's Below

 Nicola x

@NicolaFashion (Twitter)
nicolacupboard (Instagram)

No comments:

Post a Comment