Monday 10 February 2014

Pure London a/w 14/15

London yesterday well what can I say....there was clothes, clothes and more clothes, inspiration from every direction and brilliant seminars. 

I have been to pure twice before but this one was different as I have previously only gone for the spring/summer shows in august. Autumn/winter to me is all about giving a feminine edge to chunky knits and boyfriend style coats.  I love the endless possibility to layer up garments. Layering in easy and effortless it gives licence to challenge your shape, change proportions and put things together you never thought might go.  when its cold outside there is nothing better then a bit of comfort. 

With a brilliant womenswear show high lighting key trends that will be making appearances in the near future from Colour blocking, French edit to floral printed puffa coats there was room for some strong styling. WGSN seminar for trend forecasting strongly explaining that a/w15 has a sports wear feel to it allowing for the build up of tonal colour and winter pastels with soft touch tactile materials to soften hard lines. Opened my eyes to how tuned in the world of fashion is to the people around it and what they want.  What I find the best is the opportunity to talk to people about their work. where it spanned from, who manufactures it and what drives them to give the customer the best product whether it be shoes, clothing or bags. 

All in all I could talk about pure for a long time and about the designers and brands I spoke to but then this post would just go on for too long so feel free to leave a comment or question and I will attempt to reply :)




No comments:

Post a Comment